Welcome to Hartwood Animal Hospital
Your Veterinarian in Fredericksburg, VA
Call us at 540-286-2855
To our Hartwood Clients,
This is an updated protocol for us as the COVID-19 virus continues to spread.
As stated previously, we would like all of you to know that Hartwood Animal Hospital is still open and operating under normal business hours.
As we see the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and the speed at which things are changing, we have updated our method of operation based on recommendations from the CDC and the local health department to keep our staff and clients healthy and safe.
In an effort to provide the best care to our patients and provide a safe and healthy workspace for our staff, Hartwood Animal Hospital has implemented the following precautions.
- OUR LOBBY IS NOW CLOSED.
- We will be triaging all appointments from the car.
- Please call the hospital when you arrive in the parking lot. An assistant will come out to you, triage your pet, and bring him/her in for treatment. After the exam is over the doctor will communicate her findings via phone or you can read her notes from the exam. We are taking credit card information over the phone and can give you a paper receipt or email the receipt with the doctor’s notes. The assistant will return you pet to you with any medications required.
- If you are simply picking up medications or food please call from the parking lot & payment will be taken over the phone and the items will be brought out to you.
- We ask if you are exhibiting symptoms (fever, cough or cold symptoms), you reschedule your appointment.
- If you have been in contact with an affected person, please reschedule your appointment.
- If your pet has an emergent situation, we will absolutely care for your pet regardless of other factors.
Know that Hartwood Animal Hospital’s number one concern is the safety and well-being of your pet, you, our staff and everyone’s families so please help us join the community in limiting our risk factors.
Dr. Jewett, Dr. Austin, Dr. Kollgaard and the Staff of Hartwood Animal Hospital
Pet Emergency? Call us right away a 540-286-2855!
If you live in Fredericksburg or the surrounding area and need a trusted veterinarian to care for your pets – look no further. We have 4 VA licensed veterinarians treating all types of pets. Your pets’ health and wellbeing are very important to us, and we take every possible measure to give your animals the care they deserve.
Hartwood is a full-service animal hospital and welcomes both emergency treatment cases as well as pet patients in need of routine medical, surgical, and dental care. Our doctors have years of experience treating serious conditions and offering regular pet wellness care. Beyond first-rate pet care, we make our clinic comfortable, kid-friendly, and calm, so your pet can relax in the waiting room and look forward to meeting our veterinarians.
We are happy to offer a number of resources that enable you to learn about how to take better care of your pets. Please feel free to browse our site, particularly the informational articles. The best veterinary care for animals is ongoing nutrition and problem prevention, so becoming knowledgeable about preventative pet care is essential to the ongoing success of your animal’s health. If you have any questions, call 540-286-2855 or email us at email@example.com and we'll promptly get back to you. Our veterinarian office is very easy to get to -- just check out the map below! We also welcome you to subscribe to our newsletter, which is created especially for Fredericksburg/Stafford pet owners.
Helen Jewett, DVM
Hartwood Animal Hospital | 540-286-2855
15 Jewett Lane
Fredericksburg, VA 22406